GDPR looks at how a company handles its data, process its data and shares its data. Making sure the consumer is aware, on how their date is going to be used. While the data protection act of 1998 will still be very much in force, this new act is designed so consumers have complete transparency.
How will JMW Cars use you details?
1. At the initial enquiry stage, details we will be taken, our company require some basic information from you: Name, your address, contact number and email address. We require this to help us with your vehicle enquiry. This information may be taking on a paper format, but will be put onto a computer database. When we enter the information onto the computer database which is password protected. The paper data will be destroyed through a shredding device.
2. Once you have selected a car that you want to purchase subject to affordability , if you are looking to finance the vehicle, we will ask you for your permission to send your personal details to a finance lender, to conduct a full credit search. The lender will need to know all of the above plus three years address history and three years employment history, your income and bank details. We advise you that you are one hundred percent happy to proceed with a vehicle subject to payments before given us this information. All this information will be stored on a password protected database.
3. Once we have process ed you order , if your car is being supplied with a WMS GAP insurance, Gard X paint protection, WMS warranty or a Lloyd Latchford five Day driveaway insurance some basic details about yourself and your new car, will have to be provided to these companies.
4. If your car needs any mechanical repairs under warranty or through a service plan we may have to share your details with a garage called Moorside garage located on Boyn Valley Industrial Estate, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4EJ
5. JMW cars do not sell details to any third parties and only pass details on when relevant and necessary.